Important information. Please read this section first.
We help adults with acquired brain injuries live as independently as possible in their communities. We do this by helping individuals and families find and apply for the supports and services offered by other agencies and federal, provincial and municipal government programs.
Filling in this application is the first step in applying for help from SABIS. You may complete this application with or without assistance. If you qualify for services, the assistance you receive from SABIS will vary depending on your needs and the community resources available to you.
We may be able to help you if you meet the following eligibility criteria.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You live within the Calgary Region.
- You do not receive services funded by Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD)
- You are a Canadian Citizen OR you have Permanent Resident Status
- You are able to travel to SABIS for an intake interview
- You can provide medical documentation (ie neuropsychological report, hospital discharge report) supporting your brain injury. A note from a family physician is not sufficient documentation.